Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New releases for 11/25/09


THE ROAD (Dir. John Hillcoat)

Based on Cormac McCarthy's Pulitzer Prize winning novel, The Road finally sees the light of day after being delayed for a year and a half. The novel is extraordinary and I've heard nothing but the absolute best about this adaption. This is one of my most anticipated of the year and you better bet the second it comes to Tucson that I'll be the first in line for it.


ME AND ORSON WELLES (Dir. Richard Linklater)

This is one I'm very much looking forward to. The trailer makes it feel like one of those smaller, charming movies that you can't help but like... and I'm a fan of those, let me tell you. Richard Linklater is obviously a genius and from reviews I've read it seems he's operating in both his mainstream and independent realms of filmmaking. I've also heard Christian McKay is a dead ringer for Orson Welles, from physical appearance to vocal patterns to his general presence. Consider me excited!



OLD DOGS (Dir. Walt Becker)

From the douchebag who brought you middle-class dad fodder Wild Hogs comes more middle-class dad fodder with Old Dogs. Who cares? This blog sure is funny, though.



NINJA ASSASSIN (Dir. John McTeigue)

Ultra-violent anime and video game inspired action movie. Reviews claim it takes itself too seriously, which is a shame for a movie called, well, Ninja Assassin. Also, it has a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes. I think that says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment